A full body massage is done using the hands to reduce muscle tension and relieve pain. The full body massage helps open up the pores on the skin and also speeds up the blood circulation around the body.
Basics of full body massage.
Today a full body massage is commonly used in physiotherapy. In this therapy the therapist first massages the upper and lower limbs and then moves onto the chest, abdomen, back and hips. He finishes off the massaging with the face and head. In full body massage mostly the massage strokes are directed towards a personâ€™s heart. This massage aims to release any muscular tension or joint stiffness the person is suffering from. It also increases the blood circulation around the body and improves the lymphatic system.
In a full body massage, the therapist massages your head to toes and feet both front and back. The therapist uses various kinds of massage strokes like kneading, pulling, wringing and gliding on various parts of the body.
Any one who wants to go for a full body massage will lie down naked on a massage table. The full body massage produces heat in a body, the reason many therapists a hot bath or shower about half an hour after the session. The person is also advised to have a head bath with luke warm water after the massage session. Benefits of full body massage
Full body massage gives multiple health benefits. Few important of the many benefits are given below:
- Stress and tension are the root causes of many health concerns and illnesses. Hence, by using full body massage, one can easily alleviate or relieve stress and prevent health problems.
- Regular full body massage is an excellent way to fight off tensions. Full body massage stimulates the endorphin production and promotes relaxation.
- If one is already ill or suffering from constant fatigue or pain, a full body massage ca treat the conditions effectively.
- As a full body massage improves blood circulation, it is helpful for smooth functioning of internal body parts. In addition, because of improved blood circulation in injured areas, repair and renewal of cells and tissues becomes easy.
Few health disorders regular full body massage can treat effectively:
- Eating disorders
- Post-operative recovery
- Immune-suppressed systems
- High blood pressure
- Sleep disorders
- Cancer related fatigue
- Low back pain
- Spinal cord injuries
A regular full body massage helps in:
- Stimulated lymph system
- Stimulated immune system
- Relaxed muscles
- Reduced cramps
- Increased flexibility
- Reduced recovery time
- Released endorphins
- Reduced post-operative scar tissue and edema
- Reduced migraine pain
- Improved range of motion
- Reduced depression
- Shortened labor and delivery in expectant mothers